In this situation, there's no better way to keep your audience up-to-date than by email.
Here's how you automatically notify users whenever you write a new post.
Step #1. Install the PublishPress plugin
- In your dashboard, go to Plugins > Add New.
- Search for "PublishPress". Install and activate the plugin.
Step #2. Configure the Notifications
- Find "PublishPress" in the left menu and click "Notifications".
- Click "New".
- Give your notification a title. I choose "Send new posts to users".
- Choose "When the content is moved to a new status".
- Select "Published" in "New status".
- Choose the content status before it is published. I'd recommend choosing all statuses except "Published".
- Choose the types of content that will trigger the notifications. I choose "Post".
- Choose which users will get the notifications.
Next, you can customize the email subject and body. Here's a guide to the syntax you can use.
- Click "Publish" and your notifications will go live.
Some final advice
With this plugin, you're emailing everyone immediately when new content is added. So if you make a mistake and accidentally publish, users will get an email about it. Therefore, be sure to carefully create and publish your content. Double or triple check your work to be sure.
Also, it's worth installing a plugin such as Email Log to keep an eye on your emails. This will help you keep an eye on all the automatic messages coming from your site.