Frequently Asked Questions
What topics are covered in the videos?
OSTraining mostly focuses on website-building platforms. The majority of our classes focus on PHP, HTML, CSS and Javacript. You can click here to see our current video library, and click here to see the latest classes.
How often do you publish videos?
Over the last few years, we have published over 1,000 new or updated videos per year. On average, that means you will enjoy nearly 100 fresh videos every month at OSTraining. The actual rate of release will vary from month-to-month.
What are the subscriptions plans available at OSTraining?
There are three different plan levels:
- Pro : this plan offers access to everything at OSTraining, including priority support, and the ability to download videos.
- Support this plan allows access to the video training, and also support for your web design questions.
- Video : this plan provides access to the video training, but no support.
Can I download videos?
Yes, users with a Pro membership can download 100 videos per week. That's enough to download two of our longest classes every week.
Do you offer support, rather than just videos?
Yes, everyone who is a Support or Pro member gets access to our support team. Our staff will answer all your questions related to the video topics.
Is support private?
Yes, all your conversations with OSTraining are 100% private. The only people with access to conversations are you and the OSTraining staff.
How fast will support replies arrive?
Often we'll reply within minutes. However, replies might take longer at busy times. We guarantee replies within one day (Monday to Friday).
Are there any limits to support?
Yes, here are the main limits:
- Empowering you: Our goal is to teach you how to build websites. Rather than do it for you, we will always to try to explain how you can do something. We'll guide you through the process, answer questions and write tutorials for you, but the focus will be on enabling you to the task.
- Commercial products. If you paid for a product or for hosting, please contact the people you paid. They wrote their software and hopefully know it better than we do.
- Custom coding. Writing code is the job of a developer, not a trainer.
- Research the requirements for your project. That is a consultant's or project manager's role.
Do you offer phone support?
We don't offer phone support because we truly believe it wouldn't be possible to provide the same effective assistance over the phone. We decided to keep our support online for a few reasons:
- We can instantly view your website, account activity, system details, and other information so we can troubleshoot effectively.
- Building a website is a visual process. We frequently ask you to send us screenshots, videos, and links to help us see what you’re seeing. We can also send you screenshots and videos to guide you in the right direction.
- It's faster. We can quickly get to the bottom of your questions without putting you on hold.
- Online support keeps detailed records in one place. This ensures nothing gets lost in translation if we need to escalate your issue. We'll always have access to previous tickets so you won't have to repeat questions.
Are OSTraining membership payments recurring?
Yes, membership payments are recurring. You can stop auto-renew at any time by logging in and going to Account > Auto Renew. You will also receive reminder emails before all renewals. After canceling, your subscription will not be canceled immediately: you will keep access until the end of your current subscription period.
Can I get a refund?
Yes, you can get a refund for any payment. If you had intended to stop your subscription and forgot, contact us within 7 days of the renewal.