Genesis Explained is a developer's guide to the Genesis Framework for WordPress.
Genesis is a powerful theme framework for WordPress. The Genesis Framework empowers you to quickly and easily build incredible websites with WordPress.
Whether you're a novice or advanced developer, Genesis provides the secure and search-engine-optimized foundation that takes WordPress to places you never thought it could go. If you want to spend less time struggling with complex instructions, and more time building sites that make you proud, this is the book for you!
How to Get Genesis Explained
Genesis Explained is available in PDF / ePUB / MOBI formats for OSTraining members. Click here to join OSTraining.
The book is also available in Paperback and Kindle format on Amazon.com.
What You’ll Learn
You'll master the Genesis Framework through practical examples, simple explanations, and expert advice. This book approaches Genesis from a developer's perspective. You'll learn to work with powerful parts of the Genesis Framework, including actions, filters, functions and classes.
Please note: This is not a book for beginners. This book assumes you are familiar with WordPress and have a basic knowledge of PHP, HTML and CSS.
Table of Contents
- Genesis Explained
- Getting Started with Genesis
- The Genesis Framework Explained
- Genesis Actions Explained
- Genesis Framework Actions Explained
- Genesis Filters Explained
- Genesis Framework Filters Explained
- Genesis Filters with Arrays Explained
- Genesis Functions Explained
- Genesis Formatting and General Functions Explained
- Genesis Image, Markup and Options Functions Explained
- Genesis Widgetize and Layout Functions Explained
- Genesis Classes Explained
- Genesis Breadcrumb and Meta Boxes Classes Explained
- Genesis Sanitization and Script Loader Classes Explained
- Genesis Customizer Class Explained
- Genesis Actions and Filters in Classes Explained
- Genesis Admin Overview Explained
- Genesis Admin Class Explained
- Genesis Admin Boxes, Form and Basic Classes Explained
- How to Recover a Crashed Genesis Site
- How to Create Page Templates in Genesis
- How to Version Your Genesis Style Sheet
- How to Add a Widget Area to Genesis
- How to Change the Content Limit in Genesis
- How to Load a New Section on Specific Pages
- How to Build a Genesis Plugin
- How to Build a WordPress Admin Page with Genesis
- How to Change the Gallery Post Format Output
- How to Use Custom Fields in Genesis
About the Author
Nick Croft is a very early adopter of Genesis. He worked in the support forums as a volunteer and eventually as a paid part-timer. He went on to work as a full-time support person for StudioPress before moving on to working as a developer for the people who build Genesis. Even before he literally wrote the book, he wrote the figurative book on Genesis. Nick is also a core contributor to Genesis and has multiple, popular Genesis plugins.