Sometimes you forget your WordPress admin password. Don't worry - it happens to all of us.
This tutorial will show you two easy ways to reset your WordPress password so that you can get back to work.
Option 1: Lost Password Email
The easiest way is to email yourself a password reset.
- Go to yoursite.com/wp-admin and click on "Lost your password?"
- Fill out the form and check the email associated with the admin account.
Option 2: Reset via phpMyAdmin
Occasionally, option 1 won't work due to the server environment or a bug. The email either won't get sent or the reset token will be broken.
The second option is to manually reset it via the database.
- Log into your host's file manager
- Access phpMyAdmin
In the left column, click on:
- Your site name
- Your database*
- the _users table
*If you're not sure which is your database, use this tutorial.
- In the main column, find and edit your user.
- In the function column of the user_pass, select "MD5"
- Enter your desired password in value column of user_pass
Click "Go" at the bottom right to save your new password.
Congrats! That's all there is to it. Your new password should now be working.