Gator Forms is our favorite WordPress forms plugin.
One of the reasons we like it so much is that it has a wide range of pop-ups and buttons you can use to make your forms more visible.
Gator Forms doesn't require you to put your form inside a Post or a Page. You can show it around the outside of your site too.
Place a Tab on the Side of Your WordPress Site
The Toggler Tab in Gator Forms allows you to put a button around the outside of your site. When visitors click on this button, the form appears.
For example, the image below shows how you can create a User Voice-style feedback tab on your site.
- If you're new to Gator Forms, check out the documentation to get started.
- Install Gator Forms Pro. You will need the Pro version of Gator Forms for this.
When creating your Gator Form, choose the "Toggler Tab" option:
The Position offset setting calculates the distance from the border of the screen to the toggler tab measured in px or in %. For example, you can show your Gator Form in a pulldown tab on the top of the site. Let's show you an example of how this positioning works.
- Position the toggler tab on the right and give it an offset of 40%.
- Click Save refresh the page containing the form.
- The Toggler tab will appear and it be will be almost at the center of the screen (40% from the top).
- This next image shows a tab with a position offset of 5%. This tab is 5% from the top of the screen.
Place a Tab on the Top of Your WordPress Site
Now let's see another example. This time we'll see a tab placed on the top of your screen.
Choose “Top left” as your Togger Tab position. Enter a “Position offset of about 40%.
- Choose “Slidebox – Slide-in from page edge” as your choice for what the form does after opening.
- Make sure that you choose “On all pages” for where you want the feedback form to show:
- Click the “Themes” tab.
- Open the “Theme customizer” and you can change the colors and style for your form.
- Click "Save Form" after you’ve made your changes.
- Visit the front of your site and you’ll see the tab across the top of your site:
- Click the tab and you’ll see your form in the pull-down area:
You probably won’t be 100% happy with the form after your first setup, so now it's time to go back and make tweaks. There are a ton of customization options inside Gator Forms. You’ll quickly have a beautiful-looking form that is always visitors and easy-to-use for your visitors.