Although WordPress is quite intuitive in most cases, there are some things that are not as obvious, such as:
"Where do you find the the page ID in WordPress?"
This is especially useful if you're trying to exclude by Page ID certain pages that appear in the Pages Widget.
This tutorial will show you how to quickly find the hidden Page ID or Post ID in WordPress.
- Log in to your WordPress site.
- In the left menu click on Pages, then the title of the Page. In the image below, the title is "About Steve".
- The Page ID is hidden in the URL. Look for post= and the number to the right of it is your Page ID. In the image below, the ID is 6.
- Click "Posts" in the admin menu.
- Click a Post title.
- The Post ID will be visible in the URL bar. In this case, the Post ID is 1702.