We released Joomla! Explained almost exactly three years ago.
That guide to Joomla 2.5 became the best-selling and best-reviewed Joomla book.
Now, we're delighted to announce a new edition of the book: Joomla 3 Explained. The book has been almost completely re-written to deal with Joomla 3.
Joomla 3 Explained will be available at the beginning of August. To celebrate we're holding a special "Joomla 3 Day".
Joomla 3 Day will be like an online Joomla Day. We're going to have a series of presentations and invite people to hang out, learn and ask questions of the expert presenters. The whole day will focus on Joomla 3.
We also have a really special offer for everyone who buys Joomla 3 Explained. Read on to find out more ...
What are the details of Joomla 3 Day?
- What? 30-45 minute presentations all about Joomla 3
- When? Friday, August 15
- Where? Via webinar: https://www.ostraining.com/blog/news/j3day-schedule/
- What time? All day. We aim to at least start in the morning (European time) and go to the evening (US time)
What topics will be covered?
Just like any Joomla Day, we hope to cover a very broad range of topics. Here are some presentations we already have lined up:
- Fotis Evangelou: The new version of K2
- Tessa Mero: Joomla in Education
- Victor Drover: Joomla 3 SEO and marketing and services
- Bill Tomzack: Comparing the code needed for Joomla 2 and 3 extensions
- Nick Savov: The Install from web feature in Joomla 3
- Max Lynam and Philip Locke: Joostrap and Bootstrap 3 for Joomla 3 templates
- Parth Lawate: Joomla 3 for Site Builders
How do I attend the day?
Just follow our blog or make sure you're signed up to our newsletter. You can join the newsletter via the sign-up form at the bottom of this page. We'll announce more details as we get closer to August 15th.
Can I give a presentation?
Yes, absolutely. If your presentation would work at a normal Joomla day, it will work for our online Joomla 3 Day. Click here to apply to speak at Joomla 3 Day.
Can I get a copy of Joomla 3 Explained?
Yes, you can pre-order Joomla 3 Explained from Amazon and other book stores. At least in the U.S., copies should start shipping in the first week of August.