Drupal 8 was the biggest launch in Drupal’s history.
After 5 years of development, Drupal 8 arrived in late 2015.
Has it been a success so far? Yes. Drupal 8 is running over 100,000 sites and is already more popular than Drupal 6.
As a training company, OSTraining tries hard to support Drupal 8. We set ourselves a goal to help as many people as possible to use Drupal 8. In 2015, we launched a Kickstarter project which provided enough financing to release over 200 free videos. The training is the best available for Drupal 8, and it’s completely free.
Now, thanks to the support of our Kickstarter backers and GlowHost, we're able to launch the follow-up to the Drupal 8 Beginner class.
This follow-up is called The Drupal 8 Site Building Class. This class has 54 videos and is designed to help people learn how to build significantly more powerful sites with Drupal 8.
GlowHost is an ideal partner for this class. GlowHost has developed a hosting platform specifically optimized for Drupal 8 which includes all the back-end requirements and optional libraries to make Drupal 8 truly shine. Their no-fuss automatic installation and update services make getting up and running a snap, and no more forgotten security updates... it’s all done for you! Just tell the system where to install Drupal and you are off to the races. No more manual work is required when you use GlowHost's Drupal platform, which is now included by default on any hosting package, cloud server or dedicated server.
Introduction to the Drupal 8 Site Building Class
Syllabus for the Drupal 8 Site Building Class
- Lesson 1: Introduction to the Course
- Lesson 2: Planning Our Site
- Lesson 3: Requirements and What's New in Drupal 8
- Lesson 4: Installing Drupal at a Web Host
- Lesson 5: Installing Modules and Using Drush
- Lesson 6: What is Site Building?
- Lesson 7: Site Building Exercise
- Lesson 8: Designing Structured Content
- Lesson 9: Creating a New Content Type
- Lesson 10: Pathauto and URLs
- Lesson 11: Adding Fields
- Lesson 12: Taxonomy and Creating a Vocabulary
- Lesson 13: Adding Fields to Taxonomy Terms
- Lesson 14: Adding Taxonomy to a Content Type
- Lesson 15: User Profiles
- Lesson 16: Add Fields to User Profiles
- Lesson 17: Comments on Content Types
- Lesson 18: Manage Display
- Lesson 19: Using Devel to Popular Content
- Lesson 20: Introduction to Modules
- Lesson 21: Installing the Admin Toolbar Module
- Lesson 22: Installing the Views Slideshow Module
- Lesson 23: Installing the Video Embed Module
- Lesson 24: Displays, Layouts, and Theming
- Lesson 25: Display Modes
- Lesson 26: Image Styles
- Lesson 27: Custom Blocks
- Lesson 28: Adding a Custom Block
- Lesson 29: Introduction to Views
- Lesson 30: Advanced Contextual Filters in Views
- Lesson 31: Relationships in Views
- Lesson 32: An Advanced Relational View
- Lesson 33: Completing Views Slideshow
- Lesson 34: Adding a Theme
- Lesson 35: Creating a Custom Drupal Theme
- Lesson 36: Display Suite and the Layout Plugin Module
- Lesson 37: Managing Displays with Display Suite
- Lesson 38: Other Fields in Display Suite
- Lesson 39: Display Suite Custom CSS
- Lesson 40: Update Your Front Page
- Lesson 41: Update Your Front Page, Part 2
- Lesson 42: Update Your Front Page, Part 3
- Lesson 43: Clean Up and Menus
- Lesson 44: Clean Up and Menus, Part 2
- Lesson 45: Introduction to People
- Lesson 46: Update Signup Configuration
- Lesson 47: Add an Editor Role and Permissions
- Lesson 48: Managing Your Site
- Lesson 49: Updating Modules and Themes
- Lesson 50: Caching
- Lesson 51: Configuration Management
- Lesson 52: Multilingual Sites
- Lesson 53: Testing the Multilingual Distribution
- Lesson 54: Summary