We've had a great week at DrupalCon Denver and its just about over now.
I'm sitting in the theater waiting for the closing session where there's always a few surprises and some fun facts. This has been the a great DrupalCon. Mobile has been the central theme and the conference delivered. If you haven't read the post on this morning's keynote, click here and do so now. It was awesome!
- Location: Munich
- Dates: August 20-24, 2012
- Theme: Open Up! Connecting systems and people.
- Keynotes: Dries, Anke Domscheit-Berg (open government), Fabien Potencier (creator of Symfony).
- Website: http://www.munich2012.drupal.org
- Twitter: #DrupalConMunich
DrupalCon South America
- Location: Sao Paulo
- Dates: December 6-8, 2012
- Website: http://saopaulo2012.drupal.org
- Sao Paulo is the world's 3rd largest city with a huge user base. Oh, and December is summer in Brazil!
DrupalCon North America
- Location: Portland, Oregon
- Dates: May 20-24, 2013
- Website: http://portland2013.drupal.org
Thanks: The speakers spent some time thanking everyone connected with the prep and delivery of the conference. It was VERY well done. If you're into Drupal and have never been to a DrupalCon - you really need to get to one!
Some DrupalCon Denver Stats
- 3081 registrations (the largest DrupalCon ever)
- 47 countries
- Sponsorship revenue: $452,200
- Tickets $894,235
- Trainings Sales: $155,115
- Party Tix: $41,000
- Total Revenue: $1,542,640
- Total Expenses: $1,208,789 (they had a complete breakdown)
- $86,000 - facility
- $382,000 - catering
- $68,000 - AV
- $38,000 - Internet Access etc...
- Net: $333,000
- Coffee - 9,040 cups (565 gallons)
- 2934 consecutive wifi users
- 103 Mbps average
- Left over food - donated to "We Don't Waste"
- 100% biodegradable signage
- 60+ sponsors Colorado Convention Center -- they did a great job!
- 60+ volunteers put hundreds of hours into DrupalCon - again - they did a great job.
And that's it for DrupalCon Denver!