All of us are busy. All of us have over-flowing email inboxes.
It can be difficult to find sources of news that are high on signal and low on noise.
I'm going to recommend some ways that you can keep up-to-date with news about your favorite platform. These newsletters and RSS feeds contain a lots of useful news and few useless ads.
Drupal: The Weekly Drop
- Website: http://theweeklydrop.com
- Frequency: Weekly
- Content: This is probably the best of all the newsletters on this list, with detailed links to important Drupal news, tutorials, module releases and jobs. The Weekly Drop is officially partnered with the Drupal Association, so D.A. members will also get a copy of this newsletter.
- Writer: Bob Kepford @kepford
There's also a Drupal security mailing list with important announcements. To subscribe by email, log in to Drupal.org go to your user profile page and subscribe to the security newsletter on the Edit > My newsletters tab.
Magento: #MagentoMonday Community Digest
- Website: https://community.magento.com
- Frequency: Weekly
- Content: Links to a ton of Magento articles and events
- Writer: Sherrie Rhode @sherrierhode
This is a super-useful resource, but it's hard to subscribe to. Here's how to get emails from Magento Monday:
- Become a member on the Magento community site.
- Browse to the "News & Announcements" forum.
- Use the small menu in the top-right corner, and click "Subscribe".
WordPress: Month in WordPress
- Website: https://wordpress.org/news/. There's no email, but there's an official News RSS feed, and there is a Month in WordPress feed too.
- Frequency: Monthly
- Content: A round-up of official news. The "Month in WordPress" updates started last month, but should be a very useful resource.
- Writer: Hugh Lashbrooke @hlashbrooke
Joomla: The Official Newsletter
- Website: https://www.joomla.org/newsletter.html
- Frequency: Irregular
- Content: Key news about releases and major announcements.
- Writer: The Joomla team
You can also find several different Joomla mailing lists on https://developer.joomla.org.
Over to you
Do you have any recommendations for news sources that you find particularly useful?
Please leave your suggestions in the comments below, and we'll add the best ones to the main post.