An OSTraining member asked us if it was possible to connect Webforms to their content.
I can imagine a lot of use-cases for this. For example, if you have an "Events" content type, you might want a form so visitors can contact the event organizer. Or if you have a "Business" content type, it might be useful for people to contact the business.
This can be done thanks to a module called "Webform Extra Field" and in this tutorial I'll show you how.
Step #1. Install the modules
You'll need to install and enabled 3 modules to follow this tutorial:
Step #2. Create your webform
Go to Structure > Webforms. The Webform module will provide a default "Contact" form but you can also create your own webform here.
Step #3. Add the field
- Go to Structure > Content types.
- Click "Manage fields" for the content type you want to connect to your Webform. For example, choose the "Article" content type.
- Choose the "Webform" field type:
- After clicking to the second page of settings, choose your Webform from the dropdown list:
- You can also configure the default settings for the form. If you have the Token module installed, you can prepopulate the fields in the Webform:
Step #4. Create the content
Once you have created your field, go to Content > Add content. You can create the content as you normally would, but there will now be a contact form automatically attached to your published content.