One of our users wanted to know how to add a floating button to his Drupal site. Luckily, this task is easy to accomplish, thanks to the Feedback Simple module.
In this short tutorial, I'll share with you how to add a floating feedback button linked to a contact page in Drupal 7.
Step #1. Create the feedback page
Create your feedback page by using Webform or a similar module.
Step #2. Install and enable Feedback Simple module
Download Feedback Simple module from this page.
Install the Feedback Simple module:
- Go to Modules.
- Click "Install new module" and upload the file you just downloaded.
- After the installation is done, click on "Enable newly added modules".
- Look for "Feedback Simple" box and check it.
- Scroll down and click "Save configuration".
Step #3. Configure the module
- Go to Modules > Feedback Simple.
- Click "Configure".
- Make sure the Enabled box is checked.
- In the Link field, type the path to the page you created in step 1. In my example, the path will be link-to-your-contact-form (no slash at the beginning).
- In Target, define the location to open the link when a user clicks the feedback button.
- Scroll down and save the changes.
Step #4. End result
Visit your public site and test the feedback button floating on the right: