Drupal is one of the best and most popular ways to build a website. It is flexible, scalable and is continuously improved by thousands of people around the world.
Drupal powers some of the largest sites on the web and is being widely adopted by organizations from small businesses to the White House and leading U.S. government agencies and companies such as eBay, Sony and the New York Stock Exchange.
We offer two days of Drupal training:
- Day 1 is for complete beginners. You'll learn all of the key concepts you need to understand, navigate and use a Drupal site.
- Day 2 is for people who have completed Day 1 or have some Drupal experience. You'll learn how to build and maintain Drupal sites.
The two days of training are designed to be taken together, but you're also welcome to attend for only one day.
Day 1: Beginner
You'll learn how to build a Drupal website, from content and user organization, to working with modules and themes. The class will focus on Drupal 7 but questions are welcome on other versions.
- Part 1: Introduction to Drupal: What? Who? When? Why?
- Part 2: Installing Drupal
- Part 3: Navigating the Drupal interface
- Part 4: Understanding Drupal content
- Part 5: Managing Drupal content using content types
- Part 6: Adding data fields to Drupal content
- Part 7: Choosing and configuring modules
- Part 8: Choosing and configuring themes
- Part 9: Configuring and working with Drupal user permissions
Day 2: Intermediate
On Day 2, you'll build on your Drupal knowledge and get to grips with how to modify, improve and develop great Drupal websites.
- Part 1: An introduction to the Drupal workflow for building a complete, advanced sites
- Part 2: An introduction to Fields and how they add data and functionality to Drupal content
- Part 3: Building more advanced Drupal content with Fields, together with additional modules
- Part 4: An introduction to the Views module and examples of how it sorts and organizes your Drupal data
- Part 5: Building more advanced Drupal layouts with Views, together with additional modules
- Part 6: An introduction to the Panels module and drag-and-drop, code-free design for your Drupal pages
Free Book and Videos with the Drupal Explained Class
All Drupal Explained attendees get a paperback copy of our best-selling Drupal 7 Explained book as well as six months access to our online Drupal training and support. These alone are worth $135.
When you attend this class, you get a free copy of the best-selling Drupal book, "Drupal 7 Explained".
Drupal 7 Explained has been the best-selling and best-reviewed Drupal book since its launch.
If you are a Drupal beginner, this book will teach you everything you need to know. You follow clear step-by-step instructions to build real Drupal sites.
This book was inspired by our live training and was written by our CEO, Steve Burge.
When you attend this class, you also get six months of access to our online Drupal training and support. This is worth $99!
We give you access to these videos as soon as you buy your ticket. This allows you to start learning Drupal now, even before the class.
After the class, you can keep watching the videos and keep learning.
Pay by Purchase Order / Invoice
Many of our customers are from government organizations or large companies. We're happy to accept purchase orders or invoices. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to pay this way.
Pay by Credit Card over the Phone
Please feel free to call 678-830-2168 and speak with an OSTraining representative. They'll be able to help you pay and register for a class.
Pay by Check
- Please send a check to: Open Source Training, PO Box 110264, Bradenton, FL 34211.
- Please include the name of the student plus their email address.
- Your seat in the class will be confirmed only when the check arrives. Classes are filled on a first-come-first-served basis.
- If you need an invoice before ordering, please email email@example.com.