In this tutorial we'll show you how to install an editor with improved features. It's called JCE (Joomla Content Editor). You can see there's at least 25% more options, and when you use them, you'll see they're much better:
- Step 1: Go to JoomlaContentEditor.net. You won't need a subscription for anything we're recommending.
- Step 2: Go to Downloads >> Editor >> Joomla! 1.5x
- Step 3: Find the file that has the label "Single installation package for Joomla! 1.5.x". At the time of writing this is "com_jce_157_156_package.zip"
- Step 4: Download this file to your desktop.
- Step 5: In the administration area of your Joomla site, go to Extensions >> Install / Uninstall and upload the file.
- Step 6: Go to Site >> Global Configuration and choose JCE in the field "Default WYSIWYG Editor".
- Step 7: Now when you go to an article, you'll see the new, improved editor.
What Are the Big Improvements I'll See?
- Improved image control. Click the picture of a tree (third from right on bottom row)
- Easier linking. Select some text and click the chain link (fifth from right on second row)
- Pasting from Word. Clean up that ugly text using the W button (middle of second row)