Released: August 15, 2012
Certificate: Finish lessons, plus pass quizzes with an average of 70%
In this class, Rod introduces Views, one the most important modules in Drupal.
Rod demonstrates ten ways to use Views, from a simple blog page to a dynamic slideshow.
Views is so critical to a Drupal site's success that it is being incorporated into Drupal 8 (to be released around August 2013).
- A Page with Teasers: a blog-style layout.
- A Simple Block View: a block that can be customized and placed around your site.
- Jump Menu: a drop-down menu for navigation.
- Table with Fields: a sortable table of information.
- Relationship Filter: combine information from different parts of your Drupal site.
- Exposing Filters to Users: allows your users to control how they search the information you provide.
- Contextual & Relational Filters: this is a view that updates automatically, based on the content being viewed.
- Creating a Slideshow: one of the most popular uses for Views, creating a dynamic slideshow.
- Multi-Display View: display one view in multiple ways ... a page, a block and more.
- Glossary: sorts your content alphabetically.
Rod holds two masters degrees and has been training people how to do "things" for over 25 years. Originally from Australia, he grew up in Canada and now resides just outside Cincinnati, Ohio. He has worked in both the non-profit and for-profit worlds, in small companies and large corporations.
His extensive open source experience includes WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and Moodle and he really knows how to help you get the most out of the system you chose.
Rod plays ice hockey a couple of times a week and rides his Goldwing motorcycle pretty much everywhere he can.