How to Develop Joomla Modules
Released: September 20, 2016
Certificate: Finish lessons, plus pass quizzes with an average of 70%
This class will help you to become a Joomla developer. Watch these videos, and you'll build a complete Joomla module. Cory is going to show you how to build a Random articles module, from start to finish.
These videos cover the following topics and more:
- The correct file and folder architecture for a Joomla module
- How to write the XML file for Joomla extensions
- How to pull data from the Joomla database into your module
- Integrating Ajax into your extension
- How to make your Joomla module translatable
- How to package your extension for distribution
Download the exercise files:
Cory Webb has been building websites with Joomla since the Mambo days in 2003. He founded Cory Webb Media in 2008 to focus full time on helping businesses and organizations get online and up to speed with Joomla. He has written a book for Joomla beginners titled "Beginning Joomla Website Development" and has spoken at Joomla Days, Joomla User Groups, and the Joomla World Conference on topics ranging from social media to Joomla in the Enterprise. Cory taught live Joomla classes with OSTraining in Austin and Dallas.