The Beginners Guide to Drupal 7
Released: November 8, 2014
Length: 2.67 hours
Certificate: Finish lessons, plus pass quizzes with an average of 70%
This class teaches you all of the essential concepts and knowledge you need to get started with Drupal 7.
This Drupal 7 Beginner class is aimed at people who are completely new to Drupal. You don't need to have any experience or know any coding.
Here's a detailed overview of this class:
- What is Drupal? What is a Content Management System?
- How to install Drupal
- Touring a fresh installation of Drupal
- Update the basic information for a site
- An introduction to content types
- Creating an article and a basic page
- Other built-in content types
- Creating a new content type
- Editing and deleting content types
- Adding revisions to content
- Formatting fields
- An introduction to taxonomy
- An introduction to Drupal's site layout
- The Blog module
- The Polls module
- Find and installing new modules
- The Webform module
- The AddtoAny module
- The Site Map module
- An introduction to Themes
- Applying themes
- Find and installing new Themes
- Menu management
- People management
- Roles and permissions
- The Masquerade module
- Reports and help menu
- Building a personal website
- Local Install on a Mac
- Local Install on Windows
Rod holds two masters degrees and has been training people how to do "things" for over 25 years. Originally from Australia, he grew up in Canada and now resides just outside Cincinnati, Ohio. He has worked in both the non-profit and for-profit worlds, in small companies and large corporations.
His extensive open source experience includes WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and Moodle and he really knows how to help you get the most out of the system you chose.
Rod plays ice hockey a couple of times a week and rides his Goldwing motorcycle pretty much everywhere he can.