Joomla 3 Explained
Joomla 3 Explained is the best-selling and best-reviewed guide to Joomla 3. This is a completely new version of the book, updated for 2017.
We're delighted to present the best-selling and best-reviewed Joomla book.
Joomla powers tens of millions of websites of every size and type. But many beginners find it confusing, and most Joomla books are too complex to help.
Joomla 3 Explained is the solution.
If you are a Joomla beginner, this book will teach you everything you need to know--and nothing you don’t need to know! You follow clear step-by-step instructions to build real Joomla! sites.
- Updated for 2017 and Joomla 3.7: This is newest version of the best-selling Joomla book.
- Plain English and step-by-step instruction: Learn Joomla 3 by following plain English, clear visuals and enjoyable step-by-step instructions.
- Hands-on learning: Master Joomla 3 by building a complete Joomla site.
Today, millions of websites rely on Joomla - from personal sites to those of huge organizations like Nintendo, Peugeot and famous people like Michael Phelps. Now, using Joomla 3, you too can create websites that are mobile-ready, responsive, flexible, powerful, and secure - even if you're an absolute beginner.
In Joomla 3 Explained, top Joomla trainer Stephen Burge teaches you everything you need to know to build a Joomla site. Burge has taught thousands of Joomla newcomers and thousands more who've experimented with Joomla but haven't mastered it yet. Nobody knows more about guiding you up the Joomla learning curve.
Burge and the OSTraining team make learning fun. Like their online training, you learn by following enjoyable, step-by-step instructions. OSTraining books are written in plain English and are supported by plenty of online documentation and videos.
What You’ll Learn
You'll master Joomla 3 hands-on, through a complete case study, crystal-clear visuals, simple explanations, and on-target analogies, all extensively tested with real Joomla beginners.
Burge walks you through installing Joomla 3, planning sites that are easy to use and manage, adding content, and incorporating powerful site features without programming. Finally, Burge shows you how to run your site securely and efficiently, no matter how big or popular it becomes!
About the Author
Stephen Burge has split his career between teaching and web development. He now runs OSTraining.com, which specializes in teaching website development. OSTraining.com's clients include Apple, Pfizer, and the U.S. Departments of Energy, Education, and Commerce.
Burge's books are some of the world’s best-selling guides to the software they cover. Other books by Burge include:
- Joomla Explained (Addison - Wesley, 2011)
- Drupal 7 Explained (Addison - Wesley, 2013)
- Joomla 3 Explained (Addison - Wesley, 2014)
- MySQL Explained (OSTraining, 2015)
- Drupal 7 Explained (OSTraining, 2017)
- Drupal 8 Explained (OSTraining, 2017)
- Joomla 3 Explained (OSTraining, 2017)
- Multilingual Joomla Explained (OSTraining, 2017)
Table of Contents
- Joomla Explained
- Joomla Planning Explained
- Joomla Installations Explained
- Joomla Sites Explained
- Joomla Content Explained
- Joomla Content Editing Explained
- Joomla Fields Explained
- Joomla Menus Explained
- Joomla Components Explained
- Joomla Modules Explained
- Joomla Plugins Explained
- Adding Joomla Extensions Explained
- Joomla Templates Explained
- Joomla Users Explained
- Joomla Site Management Explained