People tend to express and understand things better by using pictures and images. Sharing pictures through social networks like Instagram has become an everyday part of our lives.
The Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed allows you to embed the feeds of your own Instagram accounts in your WordPress site. The plugin provides multiple display options.
Keep reading to learn how to use this plugin!
Step #1. - Install the Plugin
- Click Plugins > Add new.
- Search for the Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed plugin.
- Click Install Now.
- Click Activate.
Step #2. - Connect the Instagram Account
- Click Instagram Feed > Settings.
The first step is to connect an Instagram account.
- Click the blue “Manually connect an account”.
- Click Connect.
- Enter your Instagram Credentials.
- Click Authorize.
This will connect your site to the Instagram API through the Smash Balloon plugin. Consider that, due to restrictions in the Instagram API, it is only possible to link Instagram accounts, to which you have access.
- Click Save Changes.
Step #3. - The Appearance of the Instagram Feed
- Click the “Customize” tab.
Here are different options concerning the overall look of the Instagram Feed. There is a group of quick links on top to help you better navigate the interface. In most cases, you will not need to change the default values.
- Change the width of the feed to 80%.
- Check “Set to be 100% width on mobile?”.
- Click the “Follow us link”.
- Change the text to “Follow Us on Instagram”.
- Scroll down and click Save Changes.
Step #4. - Display the Instagram Feed
- Click the “Display Your Feed” tab.
You will get a shortcode here. This shortcode will allow you to display the feed wherever you like. Furthermore, there are additional shortcode options, in case you want to display multiple feeds, by entering different setting options directly in the shortcode. The viable options for the free version of the plugin are displayed in a light background.
- Copy the shortcode [instagram-feed].
- Edit a post and paste the code.
- Save the post and take a look at it.
Your Instagram feed should be visible.
This is a simple way to integrate your content with your social networks.
I hope you liked this tutorial. Thanks for reading!