One OSTraining member is really enjoying Calypso, the new desktop blogging app from WordPress.com.
They wanted to know if it was possible to allow multiple team members to use Calypso on the same site.
Yes, that's definitely possible although it requires some configuration. Here's how to make it work:
- Get your site administrator to install the JetPack plugin.
- Enable the "Single Sign On" option in JetPack.
- Go to Settings > General.
- Make sure that "Anyone can register" is enabled.
- Make sure your team members have WordPress.com accounts.
- Send your team members to register on your site. They should use the new "Log in with WordPress.com" account button.
Once your team have registered, get your main site administrator to promote each user.
- Go to Users.
- Edit each user and promote them to the "Administrator" role.
- Now your team members can login again.
- Click Jetpack > My Jetpack.
- Click "Link your account".
- Click Approve to connect your WordPress.com account.
Your team members should now be able to access this site in their WordPress.com accounts and in their Calypso desktop app.