If you exclude the core plugins, All in One SEO Pack is the most popular WordPress plugin of all time, having been downloaded over 65 million times since 2007.
All in One SEO is so popular because it appeals to both beginners and experts.
For beginners, All in One SEO works out of the box with very little configuration needed. Also, as the name implies, it eliminates the need for multiple plugins because it contains many key features such as handling metadata and installing Google Analytics.
For experts, it offers a lot of flexibility for setting up your metadata, integrates smoothly with a wide range of other extensions, and has an API for developers.
Current Features include:
- XML Sitemap support – submit your sitemap to Google and Bing and improve your SEO
- Image XML Sitemap submitted to Google and Bing to improve your Image SEO
- RSS Sitemap
- Google AMP support (Accelerated Mobile Pages)
- Google Analytics support
- Schema.org Markup
- Support for SEO on Custom Post Types
- Advanced Canonical URLs
- Redirect attachment pages to parent post
- Automatically notifies search engines like Google and Bing about changes to your site
- Built-in API so other plugins/themes can access and extend functionality
- ONLY free plugin to provide SEO Integration for e-Commerce sites, including WooCommerce
- Nonce Security built into All in One SEO Pack
- Automatically optimizes your titles for Google and other search engines
- Generates META tags automatically
- Avoids the typical duplicate content found on WordPress blogs
- For beginners, you don’t even have to look at the options, it works out-of-the-box. Just install.
- For advanced users, you can fine-tune everything to optimize your SEO
- You can override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want. Compatibility with many other plugins
- Translated into 57 languages
- PHP 7 100% Compatible
They offer a Pro Version as well which is of course includes a yearly subscription fee. The All in One SEO Pack Pro includes various features and modules such as:
- advanced WooCommerce support
- a Video SEO module (including Video XML Sitemaps)
- SEO for categories, tags, and custom taxonomies
- advertisement free - making it ideal for developers or those who want to use it on client sites
- access to Priority Support from our dedicated Support Team
- access to our library of video tutorials
- plus a bit more (see their website for a full list)
Here are 2 videos tutorials to get you started with All in One: