UIkit is a lightweight and modular front-end framework, developed by YooTheme, who are also famous for their Joomla and WordPress designs.
UIkit is a standalone framework that doesn't rely on any particular CMS. UIkit gives you a comprehensive collection of HTML, CSS, and JS components which is simple to use, easy to customize and extendable.
This week's new class is "How to Use the UIkit Design Framework". Follow along with these videos. You'll take a non-responsive HTML website and convert it into a powerful, responsive, grid-based design.
We recently published classes on two more popular design frameworks, Bootstrap, and Zurb, so you'll be able to easily compare these design frameworks.
UIkit Framework video sample
Here's an intro video from the UIkit class:
What's in the UIkit Framework class?
- Introduction and Installation of UIkit
The UIkit Grid
- Understanding the UIkit Grid
- Using Column Fractions With UIkit Grid
- Completing the UIkit Grid Structure
UIkit Core Features
- Text Boxes With UIKit Panels and Font Awesome
- How to Handle Images in UIkit
UIkit Components and Customizer
- How to Build Carousel Sliders With UIkit
- How to Add Modals and Lightboxes With UIkit
- How to Create a UIkit Slideshow, Part 1
- How to Create a UIkit Slideshow, Part 2
UIkit Navigation and Extra Features
- How to Style a UIkit Menu
- Responsive Menus With UIkit
- Finishing Content for Our UIkit Grid
- Fixed Menus With Parallax Animations in UIkit
- How to Use the Dynamic Grid in UIkit
- UIkit Quiz