This month and next, we're trying out a new training idea that we're calling Drupal 101.
In conjunction with the Atlanta Drupal User's Group (ADUG), we're going to hold a 2-hour long beginner class at the same time as the monthly ADUG meeting.
We've found that a lot of user group members are nervous about attending because they're new to Drupal and fear that the level of discussion might be over their heads.
The goal of these Drupal 101 classes is to take those Drupal newcomers and quickly help them to become active, comfortable members of the main user group.
Plan for the Drupal 101 Classes
These two classes will cover the basics of Drupal from content to modules and themes.
- September 11: Introduction to Drupal, Installing Drupal, Drupal content types and fields
- October 9: Drupal modules and themes
These will be hands-on classes. You'll be actively working on a Drupal site throughout the training.
Here's How to Join the Drupal 101 Classes
- Register for the classes at the ADUG Meetup.com site.
- Turn up to the Atlanta DUG as normal, on September 11.
- Bring a laptop.
- Install and copy of Acquia Dev Desktop on your laptop. Instructions are available for a Mac and for a PC.
Many thanks to the MediaCurrrent for the help in organization these classes. If all goes well, we hope this is someting we can do regularly, for both the ADUG and also for the Atlanta Joomla Group.