WordPress is almost constantly changing, so our videos need regular updates to remain useful.
This week, we have completely updated the 30+ videos in our "Getting Started with WordPress" class.
This class teaches you everything you need to get started with WordPress. This is a Beginner class and is aimed at people who are completely new to WordPress.
- In the first part of the class, you'll create content and learn how to handle text and images.
- In the second part of the class, you'll learn to control the design of your site with themes.
- In the third part of the class, you'll add extra features to your site with plugins.
- In the final part of the class, you'll learn how to manage your site and keep it safe.
Outline of the Getting Started with WordPress Class
- Getting Started With the WordPress Dashboard
- Creating WordPress Posts
- Viewing Your WordPress Posts
- The WYSIWYG Text Editor
- Categories for Your Posts
- Tags for Your WordPress Posts
- Comments on Your Content
- Creating Pages
- The Media Library
- Photo Galleries
- Multimedia Playlists
- Embedding Multimedia from Other Sites
- Quiz 1
- Introducing WordPress Themes
- How to Choose Good Themes
- Where to Find Good Themes
- The Theme Customizer
- Menus and Navigation
- Introducing WordPress Plugins
- Creating a Form with WordPress Plugins
- E-Commerce with WordPress Plugins
- Quiz 2
- The "Tools" Options
- Managing Users
- The "Settings" Options, Part 1
- The "Settings" Options, Part 2
- Keeping Your WordPress Site Safe
- Guarding Against Comment Spam
- Backing up Your Site
- Upgrading WordPress
- Quiz 3
How to Take the Getting Started with WordPress Class
If you're already an OSTraining member, you can click here to take the Getting Started with WordPress Class.