Object oriented programming (OOP) is the most popular model used by PHP developers.
You'll find object oriented code in most major CMS's and platforms. Joomla has relied on OOP since version 1.5. Drupal 8 was completely rewritten, in part to introduce OOP principles.
In this class, you'll learn the fundamentals of OOP and, in particular, how they apply to PHP.
This class focuses on the use of classes, objects and methods in OOP and covers the following topics:
- How to Create a Class in OO PHP
- How to Create an Object from a Class
- How to Access Object Information in a Template
- How to Add Methods to Classes
- How to Use the Construct Method and Magic Methods
- How to Incorporate Global Variables into a Class
- Public, Private and Protected Visibility
- Why Should You Use Private Visibility?
- Using Subclasses (or Child Classes) in OOP