Normal Joomla articles give you a title and body. In contrast, K2 allows you to add videos, image galleries, fields, files, multiple authors and much more.
This week we've launched a new class on K2. For this class, we've worked with the K2 team to arrange something special:
- This class will be 100% free to both members and guests on OSTraining.com.
- Thie class will also be 100% free on the official K2 site at Getk2.org. Our aim is to help the K2 team with their documentation for beginners.
What's in the K2 class?
In the first part of the class, you'll learn how to set up and configure K2.
In the second part of the class, you'll learn how to create an oustanding blog with K2. We'll teach you these skills:
- Importing your Joomla content and categories into K2.
- Controlling your K2 menus links and formatting.
- Managing users and authors in K2.
- Setting up comments and user profiles in K2.
- Working with K2 tags and categories.
- Using the K2 Tools module.
- Advanced layout options for your blog posts.
In the third part of the class, you'll take K2 far beyond a blog site. You'll build a review with maps, image galleries and more.