Going Further With WordPress is a special OSTraining class in Michigan next month.
Rather than simply using WordPress as a blog, we'll show you how to turn WordPress into a true Content Management System.
This 3-day class is being taught by Topher DeRosia who created our WordPress Beginner, Intermediate and Theme Design classes.
Topher's going to teach attendees how to use Custom Content Types to create powerful, data-driven websites.
Don't worry if you can't make it to Michigan. We're going to record the whole class and make it available as part of our online training.
What's Taught in the Class?
This class will concentrate mostly on the many possibilities and options made available by Custom Content Types. We'll talk about creating them and rendering them. We'll look at rendering both through plugins and templates.
- Part 1: Introduction to Custom Content Types (CCT).
- Part 2: Overview of WordPress theme templates.
- Part 3: Discussion of design philosophy for plugins and themes.
- Part 4: Creation of example CCT with meta boxes and custom fields.
- Part 5: Creation of custom WordPress theme template files for rendering.
- Part 6: Overview of WP_Query for making very custom data renderings.
- Part 8: Creation of a plugin using custom content types, shortocodes, and custom CSS.
Class Dates and Information
- Dates: March 8 to 10, 2013
- Location: Grand Rapids, Michgan
- Pre-requisites: Attendees will need a basic knowledge of HTML, CSS and PHP.