If you want to be a web developer in 2015, you have to understand Git.
Git is a free and open source version control system that can handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency. Git can really help your development, but it can be intimidating to set up and use.
In this week's new videos, Brian helps you get started with installing Git and making your first "commits".
These first 20 videos are part of a longer series that will give you a comprehensive introduction to Git.
Outline of the Git and Version ControlClass
- Pre-Checks - Mac
- Installing Git without Xcode installed
- Updating Git with Xcode Installed
- Updating Git - Apple Version
- Updating Git - Older Version
- Installing SourceTree GUI - Mac
- Pre-checks - PC
- Installing Git for Windows
- Installing SourceTree GUI - Windows
- Configuring Git
- What is Version Control?
- Getting Help
- Creating a New Repository
- Tracking Files
- Ignoring Files
- Committing Staged Files
- Faster Commits
- Viewing Previous Commits
- Git Quiz