Today we're really pleased to launch a new and expanded version of our live Drupal training classes.
Drupal at Work is a comprehensive 5-day class that provides you with the skills you need to work successfully with Drupal.
In this intensive hands-on course, you will work on a live site throughout the week, gaining a complete introduction to using Drupal, the Drupal codebase including design and functionality, plus the knowledge needed to run a Drupal website professionally.
Attendees will also receive 6 months access to our online Drupal training and support, as well as a copy of the best selling Drupal 7 Explained.
Where is Drupal at Work being held?
We're launching Drupal at Work in 3 cities, Washington D.C., Boston and Austin. You can see the full schedule here: https://www.ostraining.com/classroom/. We are still running Drupal Explained, our shorter 2-day Drupal class.
Here's the outline for Drupal at Work:
Introducing Drupal (Day 1)
On Day 1 of Drupal at Work, you'll learn how to key building blocks of every Drupal website. You learn how to manage content, control users and how to work with modules and themes.
- Part 1: Introduction to Drupal: What? Who? When? Why?
- Part 2: Installing Drupal
- Part 3: Navigating the Drupal interface
- Part 4: Understanding Drupal content
- Part 5: Managing Drupal content using content types
- Part 6: Adding data fields to Drupal content
- Part 7: Choosing and configuring modules
- Part 8: Choosing and configuring themes
- Part 9: Configuring and working with Drupal user permissions
Drupal Site-Building (Day 2)
On Day 2 of Drupal at Work, you'll build on your Drupal knowledge and get to grips with how to modify, improve and develop great Drupal websites.
- Part 1: An introduction to the Drupal workflow for building complete, advanced sites
- Part 2: An introduction to Fields and how they add data and functionality to Drupal content
- Part 3: Building more advanced Drupal content with Fields, together with additional modules
- Part 4: An introduction to the Views module and how it sorts and organizes your Drupal data
- Part 5: Building more advanced Drupal layouts with Views, together with additional modules
- Part 6: An introduction to the Panels module and drag-and-drop, code-free design
Drupal Theming (Day 3 and Day 4)
On Day 3 and the morning of Day 4, we focus on Drupal theming. You learn how the Drupal theme system works and we'll build a real theme together.
- Part 1: An introduction to themes and the Drupal theming system
- Part 2: The theme developer toolbox
- Part 3: Building your first theme
- Part 4: Using the .info file to include files, scripts and block regions
- Part 5: An introduction to template overrides
- Part 6: Adding design grids to your theme
- Part 7: Theming contributed Drupal modules
- Part 8: Base themes and sub-themes
Drupal Modules (Day 4 and 5)
On the afternoon of Day 4 and the morning of Day 5, you'll learn about Drupal modules. You learn about the unique features of the Drupal framework and how you can adapt your experience to Drupal's codebase.
- Part 1: An introduction to Drupal module development
- Part 2: Setting up a development environment
- Part 3: Creating your first module
- Part 4: Exploring the hook system
- Part 5: Integrating your module with Drupal's permissions system
- Part 6: Building database fields for your module
- Part 7: Testing your module
Site Maintenance (Day 5)
On the final afternoon of Drupal at Work, you'll learn how to professionally manage a Drupal site. What do you need to know to make sure your business' Drupal site is fast, reliable and secure?
- Part 1: Integrating your business with the Drupal ecosystem.
- Part 2: Hosting your site and setting up a developer environment
- Part 3: Future-proofing your Drupal 7 site
- Part 4: Finishing this week's site build
- Part 5: Final question and answer session
Free Book, Videos and Support with Drupal at Work
All Drupal at Work attendees get a paperback copy of our best-selling Drupal 7 Explained book as well as six months of Pro Membership for our online Drupal training and support. These alone are worth $245.
When you attend Drupal at Work, you get a free copy of the best-selling Drupal book, "Drupal 7 Explained".
Drupal 7 Explained has been the best-selling and best-reviewed Drupal book since its launch. This book was inspired by our live training and was written by our CEO, Steve Burge.
If you are a Drupal beginner, this book will teach you everything you need to know. You follow clear step-by-step instructions to build real Drupal sites.
When you attend Drupal at Work, you get six months of our online Drupal training and support. This is worth $235!
We give you access to these videos as soon as you buy your ticket. This allows you to start learning Drupal now, even before the class. After the class, you can keep watching the videos and keep learning.
Head over to https://www.ostraining.com/classroom/ and look for Drupal at Work. We can't wait to see you!