Congratulations! In the previous MotoCMS tutorial, you have explored the basics about MotoCMS.
You should have chosen your favorite template and launched it for the trial period. Please, note that you will not be able to continue this course with no registered demo version of your MotoCMS 3 responsive website.
Now it is time to getting deeper into the admin panel itself. In this tutorial, we will meet 3 areas of the MotoCMS website builder: Pages, Blog, and Settings. Also, we will get acquainted with the MotoCMS Help Center - a support portal, where you can get all useful information on how to build and install your website.
So let’s get started!
A video explaining the MotoCMS dashboard
The first tab in the admin panel you stumble upon is Dashboard. It contains 4 default buttons: Edit Pages, Edit Blog, Website Settings and Help Center.
In this section of the admin panel, you can edit, copy or delete any page of your template, set its properties and more. Check out the list of main widgets:
To create a page from scratch, you should begin with a principal widget - Container. You won’t be able to drop other widgets to your layout if there is no Container.
There are also 3 structure areas that frame the layout of a page inside Container itself: Header, Content, and Footer.
- The header is the upside of your website. Here is located a website menu with a company logo and title. Thanks to the presets builder, you can customize one single Header for all pages or create different Header presets with the original design for each page.
- Content is the main area of a website page, where you can drop widgets, add media files and text content and simply create a unique layout for every page of your website.
- The footer is the page bottom area. Here you can also create miscellaneous layouts and apply them to different pages, if necessary.
To divide the layout into several parts, use the widget named Row.
- Text - drop this widget on the layout and add your text right away.
- Image - need a new picture? Use this widget.
- Button - create buttons of different size, color, and shape.
- Menu - customize your website navigation menu with this widget
- Contact Form -a must-have widget for every business.
There are 3 kinds of galleries you can create with the MotoCMS admin panel: Slider, Grid Gallery, and Carousel.
- Video - if you have a Vimeo or YouTube account, paste a URL of any video and enjoy.
- Video Player - this widget allows you to upload a video file
- Audio Player - add audio files with ease.
Social Media Widgets
Connect your website to your accounts in social media with such widgets as Facebook Feed, Twitter Timeline, and Pinterest Board.
The last, but not the least social media widgets are:
Social Links - add URLs for your customers to check out your social network profiles.
Social Buttons- let your website audience share the content of your website in one click.
The second button on Dashboard allows you to get an instant access to your website blog. Here are 3 sections: Posts, Templates, and Settings.
Posts are the section, where you can add and delete your articles, edit their names, URLs, descriptions, add images, change status and more.
In the Templates section, there are 2 tabs to customize 2 only pages of your blog: Main Page and Post.
Main Pagecontains two unique widgets: Post List and Recent Posts. You can put them only here.
In the Settings, you can edit a date format and enable comments.
Manage your website settings within 7 sections:
- General - edit a website’s name, page title format, favicon, language etc.
- Updates - the tab shows the current version of your admin panel
- Analytics - here you can launch metric tools
- Code Injection - are you a web developer? Then paste your code in Header or Footer.
- Mail - use SMTP server here.
- Integration - add your website to your Disqus account to enable this commenting system; integrate a Client ID for Image Editing Component of the Adobe Creative SDK.
- Redirects - implement a 301 redirect for every page of your website.
Click on the last button on Dashboard to learn how to install and customize your website from scratch. On the MotoCMS support portal, you will probably find an answer on any issue. There are dozens of articles, including guides, video tutorials, FAQ and more.