Embed YouTube Videos in Joomla 2.5 and 3
Update: we highly recommend the OSEmbed extension for embedding code in Joomla.
OSEmbed is the easiest way to embed anything in Joomla. You can add YouTube videos with just a URL. Plus you can also add Facebook posts, Twitter tweets, Flickr images, Vimeo videos and over 60 other types of media.
OSEmbed really is the best way to embed YouTube videos and everything else.
Displaying YouTube videos is one of the most popular things you can do with your Joomla site.
Our OSYouTube plugin is the fastest and easiest way to do it. All you need to do is add the URL of the video into your articles.
We've just released a completely free version of OSYouTube for Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3. Here's how it works ...
- Go to the OSYouTube download page.
- In your Joomla site, go to the Extension Manage and upload OSYouTube.
- Go to Extension Manager > Plugin Manager and enable the plugin.
- Inside the plugin you can set the default height and width for the videos.
- Go to YouTube.com and find the video you want to use.
- Copy the URL of the video.
- Paste the URL into an article, as below:
- Publish the article.
- It's really that easy!