If you use Joomla, then you may have encountered problems with embeds.
Before the launch of the OSEmbed extension, it was difficult to reliably embed any outside sources into your Joomla articles.
In this tutorial, I'm going to show you how easy it is to use OSEmbed to include SoundCloud audio files in Joomla content.
Step #1. Install the OSEmbed extension
- You can download OSEmbed from Alledia.com. Choose either the Free or Pro options.
- Install OSEmbed into your site.
Step #2. Get the SloudCloud audio files URL
- Visit SoundCloud.com and find the presentation you want to embed.
- Find the URL for the presentation.
Here are some examples URLs of SoundCloud audio files:
Step #3. Add the URL to a Joomla article
- Go to your Joomla site and login.
- Add the SoundCloud audio file URL to a Joomla article:
If you have the Pro version of OSEmbed, the URL will automatically be turned into a working SoundCloud audio file. You'll see a preview inside the editor:
That embed will work perfectly on the front of your site also: