At the end of 2014, Google reinvented it's ReCaptcha spam prevention system.
The new Google system is known as No Captcha ReCaptcha. This new system is way more user friendly and only requires the user to click in a checkbox. No longer do you have to squint over distorted letters and numbers.
In this tutorial we will show you how to enable this spam prevention solution in your Joomla site.
Step #1. Get the public and secret keys
You need to generate keys for your domain:
- Go to the Google reCaptcha site.
- Click the "Get reCAPTCHA" button.
- Enter your site details such as label, domain and email owner:
Step #2. Enable reCaptcha plugin
- Go to Extensions > Plugin Manager.
- Look for the "Captcha - reCaptcha" plugin.
In the parameters:
- Version. Choose 2.0
- Site key and Secret key. Use the ones you generated in Step 1.
- Theme. Choose any.
Don't forget to change the plugin status to Published and click Save when you’re done.
Step #3. Enable ReCaptcha globally
- Go to System > Global configuration > Default captcha.
- Choose ReCaptcha.
From now, when you create a new contact form, the new captcha will be displayed in the bottom.