Did you ever see this message when trying to update your Joomla site?
AJAX Loading Error: Not Found
Reason #1. Inadequate values in max_execution_time and memory_limit
You may face the "AJAX Loading Error: Not Found" error if in your php.ini the max_execution_time and memory_limit PHP parameters are too low. Contact your web hosting team and ask them to set max_execution_time = 120 and memory_limit = 128M.
Reason #2. Missing files
One reason Joomla may give you the AJAX Loading Error is missing files or folders in the /administrator/com_joomlaupdate folder:
To check if this is the case:
- Create your site backup.
- Extract your Joomla installation pack to the root of your offending website.
- Run the Joomla update again.
If the error still persists, read on.
Reason #3. Restrictive Server
- In your site root, rename .htaccess to something like .htaccess-ORIGINAL.
- Run the Joomla update
- Rename .htaccess-ORIGINAL back to .htaccess
Reason #4. Wrong Files Permissions
Another reason for the AJAX loading error is wrong permissions or/and ownership for the /administrator/com_joomlaupdate/ files and folders.
To fix this, do the following.
- Download "Admin Tools Core" component from akeebabackup.com:
- Install the "Admin Tools Core" with your Joomla extension manager.
- Go to Components >> Admin Tools:
- You will see the "Admin Tools Core" control panel. Click on the "Fix Permissions" button:
- Now go Components >> Joomla! Update and you should be all set to run your Joomla update.