How to Add a Download Manager to Your Site
This week we'll walk you through how to set up a file download manager on your site.
We're going to use a component called RokDownloads
Here's how you do it:
- Download the RokDownloads component from Rocket Theme.
- In the administration area of your Joomla site, go to Extensions >> Install / Uninstall and upload the file to install.
- In the administration area of your Joomla site, go to Components >> RokDownloads >> Configuration and set your preferences for the root download folder and other settings, and click Save.
- Click on the 'Manager' link and set up your folders and upload the items you wish to offer as downloads on your site.
- Create a link to your downloads as either a 'File Layout' offering a direct link to a file, or a 'Folder Layout' presenting a particular folder of files. Don't forget to have a look at the many options available in the Advanced Parameters for the link.