This tutorial will show you how to create a contact form in Joomla.
We'll use the default Contacts components so you won't need to install any extra extensions.
We're going to start off with a video guide, and there's also a text and image tutorial below.
Video Guide to Creating a Joomla Contact Form
This video is taken from the Joomla Beginner class. If you're new to Joomla, this is a great place to start.
Step #1: Create the Contact Form
- Go to Components > Contacts > Contacts.
- Click the green "New" button.
- Enter your name in the Name field.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter any other details you want on the contact form.
- Click the "Save & Close" button when you've finished.
- I would also recommend clicking the "Display" tab and changing the "Display Format" to "Plain". This will give the best layout for your form.
Step #2: Create the Menu Link
Now we're going to make sure that people can see the contact form.
- Go to Menus > Main Menu > Add New Menu Item.
- Set a "Menu Title" for your contact form. This is what people will see in your site's navigation:
- Click "Contacts" and choose "Single Contact":
- Now we're going to choose the contact form we created in Step 1. Click "Select" next to "Select Contact".
- Choose the contact form you created earlier:
- Click the "Save & Close" button.
- Visit the front of your site and you'll see the "Contact Us" link.
- Click the "Contact Us" link and you'll see your completed form: