As your Drupal site grows, so does your permissions page. Finding the permissions you need to change often requires a lot of clicking and scrolling.
Fast Permissions Access (FPA) is a simple Drupal module that makes managing permissions much easier. FPA puts a neat little search box on the permissions page so you can find exactly what you're looking for.
Step 1: Install the FPA module
Step 2: Access the module controls
- On your admin bar click People.
- Choose the Permissions tab.
- You will see a new Filter installed on your permissions page.
Step 3: Sort by roles
- Select a role from the Roles selector. Holding CTRL while you click you will be allow you to make multiple selections.
- The role or roles you choose will be reflected in the columns.
- You can also look at the permissions for an individual module or content type.
Step 4: Search for a permissions associated with a module or content type
- To search for the permissions dealing with a specific module or content type, type into the Filter box.
Step 5: Do a cross search for a module and a role
- Enter @modulename in the filter field.
- Choose one or more roles from the Roles box.
Step 6: Keyword search example
- Search by "user"
- Only pulls up entries with "user" in the title.
- Search by @user returns everything in the user section.
- Adding a word in front of the @ refines the search further to descriptions that have both words.