Just over 1 month ago, on November 19th, the Drupal community released Drupal 8.
However, the practical kick-off for Drupal 8 was two weeks earlier on November 4th with the launch of Release Candidate 3. That was the first time that Drupal 8 was stable enough for end-users and for trainers like us to start creating lessons.
Since then, Rod and Robert, our Drupal trainers, have been hard at work producing some really great Drupal 8 videos.
If you want to learn Drupal 8, here's an overview of what's available to you now and what's to come:
What's available to watch right now?
These two classes are available to watch today:
- The Drupal 8 Beginner Class (62 videos), covering all the key concepts behind Drupal 8.
- Drupal 8 Site Building Class (11 videos), showing how to build a real Drupal 8 site.
There are two more classes coming this week:
- Installing and configuring a new Drupal 8 site
- Backups and restorations with Drupal 8
The roadmap for the first half of 2016
Here's a roadmap of what we have planned over the next few months:
- Drupal 8 Intermediate skills
- Drupal 8 theme development
- Drupal 8 layout modules
- Drupal 8 module development
- Drupal 8 site, module and theme updates
- Drupal 8 performance, showing how to make your site run as quickly as possible.
- Drupal 8 security, explaining how to keep their Drupal sites safe from hackers and spammers.
- Upgrading a site from Drupal 7 to 8
- Upgrading a module from Drupal 7 to 8
- Upgrading a theme from Drupal 7 to 8
There will be extra classes beyond that list and there are also new classes coming on Drupal 7, including the much requested Drupal 7 module development class.
All-in-all, we have a very busy roadmap for Drupal classes over the next 6 months.
If you're not a member yet, please consider joining us to support the creation of the very best Drupal 8 training.