We’re a communication company that currently sells training and software.
What does communication mean for us?
- Clear communication. We love plain English, telling stories and speaking with clarity and personality. Our content is specific, interesting, and helpful.
- Proactive communication. We come to teammates with problems or questions.
- Our work reflects our values. Our work is designed to reach the widest audience.
- Over-communication. We are busy. To communicate clearly, we must over-communicate. It’s OK to repeat yourself and talk more than feels normal.
- Social communication. Users don’t visit our site randomly. We reach them via newsletters, YouTube, social media and give them a reason to visit.
- We choose to invest more in support than other companies. We want our customers to see a clear difference in the quality of the support.
- Everyone on our team does support.
- Everyone we serve has the potential to become a customer and should be treated with the same respect.
- We learn. If you have the same skills as last year, we’re doing it wrong.
- We are not afraid of arguments. Silence is dangerous. Principled disagreement is good. We listen carefully, but are not afraid to argue and disagree.
- We pay very close attention to detail.
- We are curious and well-read about the companies and organizations in our industry.
- We cultivate friends and partners in our industry.
- We try hard to understand and adapt. Our principles are more important than the specific technology we’re using at any given time.
- Family comes first. We always put our family before your work.
- 365 days of work is a bad idea. 7 days of work is a bad idea. Rest often.
- We work flexible hours and use that power wisely. It’s hard to collaborate across time zones. We co-ordinate and communicate with the team about our hours.