I have since uninstalled alledia_bolt template from the Extension Manager: Manager section and got my site back the way it was. Initially I was unable to change anything. I logged out and back in a couple of times and then I was at least able to change which was default and then uninstalled it.
I did attempt to re install it but the results are the same.
I am trying to figure out how to verify which version of Joomla I am actually using. I started the tutorials just a couple of days ago and followed the instructions but with several pains along the way. I thought I was getting the most current. But have not yet confirmed that.
Please become a member of OSTraining to reply to this post.