Last year we wrote, "every year now brings us a major new Joomla, Drupal or WordPress conference".
That has certainly been true over the last few years:
- In 2010, the Joomla community created a European conference called JandBeyond.
- In 2011, WordPress launched their first international conference called WordCamp San Francisco.
- In 2012, Joomla debuted the Joomla World Conference in California.
- Now, in 2013, DrupalCon arrived in Australia for the first time and WordPress will hold a major European event.
In total, the rest of this year will bring seven major Joomla, Drupal and WordPress conferences. We aim to send OSTraining team members to all of these events, and we'd love to meet you there. Whether it's WordPress and Joomla in the Netherlands or Drupal and WordPress on the U.S. West Coast, there's a lot of great opportunities for you to travel and learn.
Here, in chronological order, are the seven conferences:
- Dates: May 14-16
- Location: Evanston, Illinois, USA
- Cost: $799
- Website: https://cmsexpo.net
- Description: This has been held since 2008 and is the only commercial conference on this list and more expensive than the others, but it stands out as the only event where you're guaranteed to meet experts from all of the big CMS platforms.
- Dates: May 20th to 24th
- Location: Portland, Oregon, USA
- Cost: $400 to $600
- Website: https://portland2013.drupal.org
- Description: DrupalCon Portland is the enormous, annual Drupal conference in North America. Expect around 3000 people to attend.
- Dates: May 31st to June 2nd
- Location: Noordwijkerhout, Netherlands
- Cost: €199
- Website: https://jandbeyond.org
- Description: JandBeyond is the big European Joomla conference. It is heavily targeted towards professional designers and developers.
WordCamp San Francisco
- Dates: July 26th to 28th
- Location: San Francisco, California, USA
- Cost: T.B.A.
- Website: https://2013.sf.wordcamp.org
- Description: They had originally planned to call this event WordCon. It is designed to be the definitive gathering of WordPress people from around the world.
- Dates: September 23rd to 27th
- Location: Prague, Czech Republic
- Cost: T.B.A. Last years's European DrupalCon cost approximately €350
- Website: https://prague2013.drupal.org
- Description: The European version of DrupalCon is normally smaller and more intimate than the North American version, but still attracts well over 1,000 people.
- Dates: October 5th to 6th
- Location: Leiden, Netherlands
- Cost: T.B.A.
- Website: https://2013.europe.wordcamp.org/
- Description: This is the first time for WordCamp Europe. It's described as a 2 day conference with 1 day of code sprints.
Joomla World Conference
- Dates: November 1st to 3rd.
- Location: Cancun, Mexico
- Cost: T.B.A.
- Website: https://conference.joomla.org
- Description: This is a truly international Joomla conference and generally has a broader focus than JandBeyond.